Nobody wants an inexperienced sell-side advisor. The DCF Affiliation allows the CPA firm to maintains its independence while combining its experience with and utilizing DCF Affiliate’s history of success. DCF Affiliates have more than four decades of experience maximizing value for clients; over that time we have closed hundreds of middle and lower-middle market transactions exceeding $15 billion. Our Affiliate’s shared history and experience assures potential clients that they will receive the best sell-side advisory available.
From our decades of experience working as CPAs, we know how ingrained the billable hours model is to the business of accountancy. Because of that, CPAs excel at turning big fees into small fees. The impetus for DCF is to change this paradigm. On sell-side engagements, advisors are paid for executing successful transactions, and their fees are based on a percentage of the deal.
No clock necessary.
Our affiliates mitigate, however, the all-or-nothing risk of pure success fees by requiring meaningful retainers.
Affiliating with DCF provides transaction-oriented CPAs the opportunity to create a sell-side-advisory practice inside their accounting practice to serve their business’ life cycle. This service is a natural extension of a CPA practice offering transaction advisory, due diligence, and business valuation. We facilitate the leap from charging by the hour to the lucrative and well-earned world of success fees.
• Is a consultative, experienced, partner-level professional
• Works with clients on M&A engagements
• Has a deep knowledge of valuation, tax and accounting as it relates to M&A
• Leverages their personal experience of working with entrepreneurs
• Has a history of assisting with acquisitions and institutional debt and equity sourcing
• Is comfortable in high-stakes negotiations
Adding sell-side advisory services does more than create tremendous profits for your firm—it serves your clients better and greatly enhances your reputation that attracts new clients across the firm and through out your practice region. We formed DCF to help CPA firms desiring to lead clients and business owners in maximizing the value of their life’s work – their businesses. A sale is the biggest moment in the lifecycle of a company, and assisting clients with this process increases your firm’s status in the business community.
We offer the assistance, resources and oversight to transform the transaction-oriented CPA’s years of experience into the most professionally satisfying and lucrative years of their career. We are an affiliation of like-minded merger and acquisition professionals, operating within and alongside CPA firms across the nation who share experiences, values and best practices. And we’re looking for new partners.
We are not “business brokers” or sell-side advisors”. We are a Broker-Dealer and the affiliates are registered representatives imbued with the official legal and regulatory authority to provide sell-side advisory services under FINRA. Affiliates operate as independent entities, preserving their own corporate names and identities whtih DCF’s guidance and regulatory supervision.
Starting and maintaining a Broker-Dealer is a daunting proposition. Affiliating with DCF allows you to avoid regulatory hassle all the while operating under your firm’s brand.
In addition to regulatory oversight, Affiliates receive:
• Training in a refined, formalized approach to the sell-side process
• Marketing materials and offering documents
• Access to the latest research and IT tools
• Support from DCF experts for assistance and training
Call DCF and speak to Tom Decosimo at 423-266-4000. We have prepared a comprehensive discussion of a CPA firm setting up a sell-side advisory practice and will be pleased to share it with you. Assuming your firm would be a good fit, here are the steps to affiliation –
1. Review and complete the Affiliate Agreement.
2. Register those in the firm who will be involved in sell-side advisory by completing the U-4 application.
3. The U-4 opens an exam window for the following exams –
a. Securities Industries Essentials Exam (SIE)
b. Series 63 exam – Uniform State Exam
c. Series 79 exam – Investment Banking Representative Exam
4. Complete an on-boarding process that will walk you through various policies that will be required plus acquainting your firm with the tools you will need to begin to offer sell-side advisory.